Thursday, March 17, 2011

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

I was working last night on a piece of genius trying to shove random thoughts into a paragraph they didn't belong but it got late and the amount of available sleeping time had shrunk past busy-mom-extra-cuppa-coffee into you'll-be-incapable-of-answering-the-phone-tomorrow. 

Plus, it wasn't seasonally appropriate. 

So, with that, I will direct the family [& everyone else, but especially Alison, since she just wrote about inclusion] to Dave Hingsburger's St Patrick's Day post

Also, because I love a good line:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.  ~~Alex Levine  (?)

And one more, because of all days, today's the day to have one more.  And because I'm feeling sentimental:
Health and a long life to you.
Land without rent to you.
A child every year to you.
And if you can't go to heaven,
May you at least die in Ireland.
~~Traditional

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out and for the link to that great post! As I said over there, I want our Down Syndrome Association of the Lowcountry to be in next year's St. Patrick's Day parade!

    ReplyDelete