Thursday, October 27, 2011

21/31 for 21 Snacks (instead of a smorgasbord)

Tidbits that I haven't worked in anywhere else:

~  Line from the movie Contagion, seen last Saturday with my brother:
"Blogging is not writing. It's just graffiti with punctuation."

~  My girl, on the elevator, at our appointments on Tuesday:  She let go of my hand when we got on, because she's a big girl now.  But then it started moving, and instead of crying - which is what she used to do, poor thing, elevators terrified her - she came back over, carefully took my hand, and then stood on her tiptoes. I guess to minimize that ground-giving-way feeling?  When we stopped she laughed, presumably with relief that we'd arrived safely.

~  My son, who let me pick the book tonight and actually seemed to enjoy Yertle the Turtle.  Which, by the way, should rank right up there next to 1984 in terms of anti-authoritarian works. 

~  And this.  We get a tiny rebate on our health insurance premium if we fill out a health questionnaire.  Some of my answers must have been wrong. 
In case it's too small to read, it says my stress level is "low" 
Survey FAIL.

2 comments:

  1. Loved that comment in the movie! Have you been washing your hands alot? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.much.handwashing.
    And Purell.

    Though that didn't stop me from making repeat trips to the office snack table. Not sure why doors are suddenly gross but the german chocolate cake someone brought in yesterday couldn't be.

    ReplyDelete