Monday, October 12, 2015

One - Inside Jokes


I ran a half marathon last weekend.   While dragging my children thru the vendor expo for my race number, I passed a local running club's table.  They were undeterred by my public scowl and, since I love a brave soul, I slowed.  They pounced.  They were warm and funny and we joked about my bad ankle and their off road routes.  

If I was looking for something to do in November, they said, they were hosting a half marathon to benefit the Special Olympics.   

Ah-HA!  

So you saw me as a soft target, eh? 

They tried to look innocent.  I nodded at my girl and raised my eyebrows.  
They grinned.  I signed up.  

I later bought flowers for my mother in law for watching my children during the race.  I picked up some tulips for myself.  Because schmaltz & cliches aside, I fucking love the Dutch.  

1 comment: